The Cherifer Generation

Posted on: June 17, 2007 by : hoop
Category : Basketball, cherifer | Viewed 2298 times

Cherifier Growth SupplementCherifer, a very popular food supplement in the Philippines that helps aid in increasing one’s height. Now if this were only available during my youth, instead of looking eye to eye with most people, I would be towering over them.

A lot had been invested by my father in medicines that he hoped would increase his boy’s heights. The most that I could remember was growth stimulants that had to be delivered via a sharp prick in one’s gluteus maximus. Sadly none of them ever got us over 6 ft. The only one in our family who nearly touched 6 ft was the eldest, missed it by an inch or so.

Well what does this have to do with this post? To show you how a typical Filipino family like us, living in a basketball crazy nation, is permanently obsessed with increasing the average height of one’s family members.

Cherifer gained popularity in the early 21st century here in the Philippines. I received a lot of info via word of mouth and even from our family pediatrician on the effectiveness of this food supplement to increasing one’s child’s height. One coming personally from my sister of which I can see the effect on my nieces. Because one grew up on cherifer while the other didn’t. The one who grew up on cherifer is already beating her elder sister, considering that the elder had a 3 year head start on the youngest.

The main ingredients of Cherifer are: Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF), Taurine and Zinc. I can’t help but to speak volumes of the wonders of the miracle ingredient known as Chlorella Growth Factor. The source of CGF is the Chlorella Algae, by which it is derived via a hot water extract.

CGF promotes faster than normal growth without adverse side effects, and in adults, it appears to enhance RNA/DNA functions responsible for production of proteins, enzymes and energy at the cellular level, stimulating tissue repair and protecting cells against some toxic substances.[source]

So aside from helping to safely stimulate growth in humans, it also helps to stimulate tissue repair which could in a way keep us looking young.

Used regularly, chlorella would assist in the repair of damaged genetic material in human cells, protecting health and slowing down the aging process.[source]

Cherifier Premium Growth SupplementSo before going out to the medicine cabinet and chugging down on your kids Cherifer drops, I’d suggest getting instead the adult variant of this wonder drug, which is Cherifer Premium. Of course I’d suggest that you talk to your physician first before trying this out. There are some studies that even say that Chlorella Algae consumed by mice in a lab had anti tumor effects. Could the secret of the cure for Cancer lie with the Chlorella Algae?

When you think about it in a Macro basketball perspective, with almost all parents letting their kids take Cherifer. The soonest that we could expect to see the results of this on the Philippine Basketball Collegiate league is by 2018. By this time I hope to see Point Guards with an average height of 6′2″ instead of the 5′7″ frames that we see now. Maybe even 7′0″ centers too will be the norm by that time. Of course this alone won’t guarantee us a slot in the Olympic finals, but it could be the stepping stone for the Evolution of Philippine Basketball.

[source]

67 Comments

1. Comment by tina — 6/18/2007 @ 1:53 pm

ahh i tried it 2 years ago before.. but i guess it was just too late. lol T_T so im stuck with my cute height.

2. Comment by hoop — 6/18/2007 @ 5:00 pm

Hahaha… don’t worry, portability has its benefits :D

3. Comment by sunjun — 6/25/2007 @ 5:40 pm

hahaha ^^ trying it myself ^^
    it’s a multivitamin din naman e. hehehe
    (not the premium one, yung for teens lang hehe)

4. Comment by hoop — 6/25/2007 @ 6:17 pm

Hahaha, I guess they’re assuming old folks don’t need vitamins anymore *snicker*

5. Comment by gothiko — 7/28/2007 @ 1:41 am

haaaayzz.. sana nga may nagbabago.. pwde narin, vitamins din naman eh.. hehehehe.. sbi nga nung isang nagpost ng comment..

6. Comment by riki pnjk — 12/19/2007 @ 10:21 pm

i will help u alot when u do stretching for bout 20-30 mins… everyday..

7. Comment by _diaNe_ — 1/29/2008 @ 12:13 pm

Sna Nga EffeCtive pra tUmangkad p aq, b4 its tooOOOOO LATE!!!!

8. Comment by sha — 4/7/2008 @ 10:53 am

Is cherifer for adult still effective for me? coz I’m already 25 years old….

9. Comment by louie mabagos — 4/30/2008 @ 3:52 pm

my daughter age 15 year old..she is drinking this cherifer but not daily..the question is fro how long it will take to make her grow taller..the medicine must drink continously?until when she will drink the cherifer?and if she gain weight?

thank you.
    mr.louie mabagos

10. Comment by hoop — 5/16/2008 @ 5:01 am

I think cherifier, plus a good diet, and proper sleep hours is the correct mix. I believe that Cherifer alone won’t be effective.

Sleep is important because that is when cell regeneration and repair happens.

But hey, that’s just what I think :D

11. Comment by yesh — 5/16/2008 @ 9:20 am

di ba close na epiphyseal bones mu by age 21? so how would it affect the growth? especially the premium one.. anyone?

12. Comment by Kim Gabriel — 5/22/2008 @ 11:10 pm

Cherifer is invincible. nakatulong ito sa aking paglaki even im 19 y/o nagte take pa rin ako. Malaking advantage to para sa mga future nurses like me. Para di ako manliit sa abroad

13. Comment by hoop — 5/23/2008 @ 5:34 am

Not sure if I remember correctly, but I think the premium one if marketed more for cell regeneration in adults rather than for growth.

14. Comment by bhea pajo — 5/29/2008 @ 11:50 am

is cherifer work to grow taller?? what ur already 20 yrs old is taht still work?? what will be the dossage of that vutamins?? once a day or every after meal?? thanks !! i want to try it but want to investigate first..

15. Comment by ronn daigo — 6/7/2008 @ 5:05 am

a good mix with cherifer is the multivitamin, centrum a to zinc + good sleep + proper diet plus exercise.. im 18yr/old and i am now a 5′11 hopin i reach 6 feet..hhehe..lalang..hope this wud help u guys!

16. Comment by Jed — 6/10/2008 @ 7:45 pm

Yo, im sixteen and im taking this daily(i aint tellin my mom and they dont give me money for it so it kinda comes out from my allowance…bummer huh…. i wanna surprise her) . I wanna know. Is the one thats in like capsules, the one for teenagers? its like maroon and stuff. it aint liquid. i wanna know man. is this for young people or for people past 21? am i drinking the right cherifer? pls tell me right away if u know. i really need some height so im taking this. im already a freshman and im just 5′3 so its really disturbing. pls tell me. either post in on this site or at my chatbox in my blog. if anyone here is takin the premium cherifer, pls tell me, is it a red-maroon capsule? or if youre taking for teens maybe its the red-maroon capsule. whoever answers me please tell me youre name i wanna pray for you as my way of thanks though the blessings wont be from me ^^.

If i take this for the upcoming 3 years… what will my height be when i reach 21? 5′10? coz if thats the case…. man… 5′10 aint bad.

17. Comment by Dion — 6/23/2008 @ 1:42 am

When should I take the capsules? I usually take one at the end of the day before I go to sleep. Is that good or would other another time be preferable? Note that I also go to the gym every morning (should I take it before that or after that?)

18. Comment by peacemaker — 6/23/2008 @ 7:50 pm

i have a question??? when should you use cherifer teens…. should you swallow it before or after meals….or simply any time???…..pls tell me

PeAcE MaKeR …

19. Comment by Neo — 7/3/2008 @ 9:13 pm

Hey, I tried drining like cherifer for a a year like when I entered College 5′6 ako pero after college 5′8 na height ko like unnoticed lng yung pagtaas ko..I think cherifer would be a factor but like what they said stretching and as well as enough sleep is needed.

20. Comment by hoop — 7/3/2008 @ 9:19 pm

Good for you… I stopped growing when I was in highschool… boy did I need cherifer then :D

21. Comment by loire — 7/5/2008 @ 4:49 pm

hi guys im newbie here ask ko lng ilng months ba bago mag take effects ang cherifer for teen im 20 yrs old eh id like to gro pa until i reach 5 11 ilng monthsp o ba

22. Comment by allison — 7/9/2008 @ 9:11 am

i take cherifer teens too, and i was just wondering how long it will take for the vitamins to take effect. i took cherifer vitamins when i was 15, then stopped for a little while, then i continued taking them again, now that i’m 16. i feel like i’ve been taking them for a long enough time, but i don’t seem to be seeing any results:/. But, at night before i got to sleep, i feel my bones in the leg area stretching. and, when i wake up in the morning, i feel like my legs have stretch a great amount, but my height is still the same. overall, i have a good diet. the only problem i can think of is not exercising. i get about 7-8 hours of sleep at night, but i wake up somewhere in the middle of those 7-8 hours. in other words, my sleep is cut. it’s weird, because it seems like everyone else is seeing result. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM, OR KNOWS WHY I’M HAVING THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE TELL ME:] PARANG AWA NYO NA PO lol:] God bless you all & i hope you ALL grow taller!

23. Comment by brandy — 7/19/2008 @ 5:31 pm

ei.. ako rin.. just wnt to know anu bang cherifer dapat inumin ko im 17 years old 5′4 in height as of present.. gus2 ko pa kc tumangkad para malaks sex appeal sa mga gurls..
    …sob please tell me wat cherifer..

24. Comment by fely — 7/21/2008 @ 7:14 pm

I just started my 13 yr. old son on Cherifer and hope to see results. I purchased a two month supply and wonder how long it will be to see some results.

25. Comment by Christie — 8/6/2008 @ 5:44 pm

Cherifer PGM 10-22 is the one for teens in capsule form..the color is brown and red. Cherifer Premium naman is for adults, the capsule has gray and red colors.

26. Comment by Alyssa — 8/11/2008 @ 4:45 am

i have been having the same problem with the cherifer for teen capsule. i am 15, and have been taking it for a few months now but i see no results. what would be a good way to get it started? (i.e. what part of the day i should be taking it, if there is anything i should be taking it with)

i’m in high school and only 5ft. i really want to grow 5 more inches :)

27. Comment by bai — 8/17/2008 @ 10:43 pm

shit man! this cherifer thing is aint true. i been taking it for about 2 yrs now but aint got no results yet!its making me trip!fuck dawg! can you suggest for other alternative?! im really dying to grow tall.so please help me!!thats all man im out….!!!

28. Comment by mac — 8/24/2008 @ 2:29 pm

gumamit ako ng cherifer nung bata pa ko, tumangkad naman ako, pero hininto ko din. pero ngayong 21 na ako, balak ko uling gumamit kasi maliit pako… haha… tatalab pa kaya?… madami akong bisyo pero tinanggal ko lahat (kahit mahirap) para lang tumangkad… sabi ng doctor namin, pwede pang tumangkad kahit tumigas na ang epiphyseal bones mo, with the help of supplements… pwede pa daw tumangkad ang lalaki hanggang 25…dapat religious ka din sa tine-take mo. Umiinom ako ng cherifer pag gabi right after meals plus gatas.. para my dagdag na calcium… wala nga lang akong ganong exercise… pero balak kong mag gym… Sana tumangkad pa tayong lahat…GB

29. Comment by jeff — 9/13/2008 @ 4:29 pm

what time should i take cherifer??

30. Comment by jp — 9/28/2008 @ 11:13 pm

im 17, im trying every other day since im pretty much saving it…
    its too hard to get that kind of drug here in australia (need doc’s permission) , i had to go to phil. to get it.
    im taking the teen one (10-22-something)
    i dont know about you guys but i take it 1 minute before i fall asleep, cos after i drink it, i usually throw up…(~_~) givs me bad feeling in my tummy, but i’l do anything to be taller!
    milk and steak didnt help me at all !!

31. Comment by joly — 11/9/2008 @ 8:38 am

im’21 na pero im trying to tke cherifr it is effective in my age…..iwant to be tall bec,im just 4′11.

32. Comment by budz — 1/12/2009 @ 6:56 pm

Guys!..

im 19 years old ryt now and im turning 20 year old na dis coming july?!.. but my hyt is still d same!.. 1 and half month na ako nag tatake ng cherifer (walang tigil ah..) pero still dsame tlg!.!? Dad ko 5′ at mom ko 5′ din. sa tingn nu tatngkad pa kea ako pag tuloy tuloy ang pag ttake ko ng CHERIFER?.. 5′3 lng ako! 3rd year college na maliit parin!. tsk!

` Suggestion lng!?.
    ` kung nasa genes na cguro ang maliit..
    ` sa tingin ko wala na tlgng pag asa?..
    ` if u reach the maximum rate of ur hyt un na un!.. hnd na tataas pa!..
    ` it is only my suggestionS!.

kayo po my suggestions ba kau?

33. Comment by misha — 1/15/2009 @ 11:34 pm

you will still do it

34. Comment by misha — 1/15/2009 @ 11:41 pm

believe me. im 19 and took it, once a day for 2 months, then I gained an inch. hahha

35. Comment by jude — 1/29/2009 @ 9:17 pm

i’m 19 years old. i took cherifer when i was 18. but i think it’s not effective for me. i want to rech 6 feet. my current height is 5′8

36. Comment by nikko — 3/1/2009 @ 7:36 pm

17 N Q LAT FEB 2 NTRY Q MGCHREFER NG 1WEEK .5CM LNG NDAGDAG BGO Q MGTAKE 5′8 1/2 N Q , QNG 22LY Q P MGCHERFER BKA MAG 6 FT AQ, UNG CLASM8 Q GMMIT NG CHERFER NAAD N HYT S KNYA 2 INCH KYA 6FLAT X NGAUN, PERO I HAV A TEACHER IN MATH NDI X NGCHREFER PERO HYT NYA 6′4

37. Comment by marie — 3/5/2009 @ 8:19 pm

i heard that cherifer makes you gain weight.. is it true?

38. Comment by albert — 3/10/2009 @ 8:13 pm

19yrs old na po ako turn to 20 yrsold this cming july.gusto kulng po masubukan ung some of product ninyo kong madadagdagan pa ung hyt ko po.as working student hardworking po ako mula nong 9yrs old pa ako na hihirapan po ako ngyon sa hyt ko po .dahil hanggang ngyon po nasa 5`4 pa rin ang hyt ko po ang lki po tlga ng hadlang sa trbho.

39. Comment by stephen — 4/8/2009 @ 12:15 pm

hahaha. ako nga ttake dn kaso sumasakit ang tuhod ko.. is it normal? is it a sign na may effect talaga?

40. Comment by jeff — 4/14/2009 @ 9:08 pm

kelangan talaga natin mag-exercise at good sleep…
    aku 5′3 dati tapos nagbasketball ako for 2 months at nagtake ng cherifer for 2 weeks , i don’t know if its effective but my hyt bcame 5′4 1/2
    nakakataba kc pag walang exercise eeh!!! :) )

41. Comment by carlo yu — 4/23/2009 @ 11:50 am

d ko sure kung effective ksi nung nag take ako paputolputol tpos 15 lng ako ngayun nung nag take ako stage nang puberty ko un ang father ko 5′4 lng mother ko is 5′3 ako naman is 5′9 so d ko sure kung gumagana nga pero try pa din hangang ngayun nag take pa ko

42. Comment by Krylancelo — 5/17/2009 @ 2:13 am

ano bang tamang oras ng pag inom ng cherifer?
    17 nko. 5′4 plang me..
    epektibo ba ung capsule?
    tska aabot kya me kahit 5′7 lang? cguro abot me hanggang 20yrs old?

43. Comment by hira — 5/23/2009 @ 11:08 pm

4′11 lng ako gusto ko uabot ng 5′,eh mag25 na ako this yr.pwd ba ako mgtake ng ganun?tatangkad pa ba ako?

44. Comment by wannagainheight — 5/26/2009 @ 7:42 pm

I just turned 17, could I still gain more height with this cherifer thing? Is it really effective? How long do I need to take it? And every when will I drink it? I’m only 5′7. This height sucks in men. I want to be around 5′10 or 5′11? I’ll be waiting for your replies. =) thanks in advance.

45. Comment by Luz — 5/29/2009 @ 11:12 am

my son is 14 months old. born here in the states to filipino parents. i’m 5′2″ while my hubby is 5′7″ . bryan’s (my son) pedia informed us during our last visit that his length is almost above average compared to most american babies. he started taking cherifer when he was 9 months old. the people at the mall thinks he’s 2 years old.

46. Comment by Luz — 5/29/2009 @ 11:16 am

additional info:

aside from cherifer, bryan is also taking in Enfamil Polyvisol Multi-Vits and his formula is Enfamil Next-Step Lipil plus solid food now that he’s over one year.

47. Comment by caesar — 7/2/2009 @ 8:42 pm

pataasan na lang tayo ng height!!! ako 5′4″ 17y/o… male…

1 month taking cherifer premium… i’ll post another reply again here if i gained height… i need more 5 inches because in hospitality industry it needs height… ang tatangkad kasi ng mga chicks…
    hihi………

we got more luck guys!!!!

48. Comment by diane — 7/13/2009 @ 8:19 pm

’til what age does this supplement be effective? and how much is it???:)

49. Comment by nandy — 7/19/2009 @ 2:07 pm

17 na ako mabisa paba ito sakin
    ano ba height mo kapag gumamit kanang 1 month
    ilang bang capsule every day ?

50. Comment by Michael!! — 7/26/2009 @ 7:46 am

sana epektibo 2!!
    because im only 5′3ft.
    hehehe
    nakakahiya!
    cute pa nman sana ako!!

51. Comment by donna — 7/30/2009 @ 4:26 pm

tanong ko lng po kung my side effect po ba to sa health ntin??except increase heigth?tnx..

52. Comment by mark — 8/4/2009 @ 6:57 pm

this vitamin isn’t effective to those who just simply take it without helping themselves farther…stretching exercises… sleep orientations…. effective diets… and etc.
    there are a lot of ways to achieve your goal allied by this vitamin.

53. Comment by steff — 8/4/2009 @ 7:00 pm

you’re right…. maybe you’re the manager of this company.hehe

54. Comment by david — 8/6/2009 @ 2:35 am

my son (14 yrs old) just started using this product and his taking 1 capsule a day. My question is, is it okay to double the dosage?

55. Comment by kenny — 8/11/2009 @ 12:59 pm

does cherifer still effective to 18 years old above?

56. Comment by cotopaxi — 8/11/2009 @ 1:14 pm

’til what age does this supplement be effective?how many capsules a day?

57. Comment by angie — 8/26/2009 @ 10:39 am

pwede bang mgtake ng cherilfer kahit na 18 na ako????
    kylan ba pwedeng i take ung cherifer??? bago ba matulog o pagkagising sa umaga????
    nu bang side effect ng cherifer???

58. Comment by mich — 9/9/2009 @ 3:52 am

hi just asking if still posible to take chirefer a 24yrs old is there posibility to grow

59. Comment by jean — 9/12/2009 @ 2:57 pm

add ko lng aa .. umh .. 4′9 plng height ko ngaun .. ang liit .. hayzs ! tatangkad pa ba kO ? ..

60. Comment by julz — 10/1/2009 @ 4:47 pm

cherifer can really bust ur height, proven un sa baby ko she’s only 4 but her height pang 5+ na and anbilis pa nyang tumangkad

61. Comment by michelle — 12/15/2009 @ 12:25 pm

i’m 24, is der a possibilty dat my height wud still improve?

62. Comment by doy — 12/20/2009 @ 8:23 pm

why dont we try cherifer premium cuz it has lots of chlorella growth factor at the same time it has vitamins and minerals and taurine and gensing than that pgm 10-22. it has no side effects eventhough we are just 10-22 year old…believe me!

63. Comment by string — 1/6/2010 @ 10:15 pm

I’m taking cherifer premium for more than a week now. My work schedule is 9PM-630AM, Im taking this vitamin at 7AM before I go to sleep but seemed I have enough energy and I couldn’t sleep. I remember my doctor advised me to take it after breakfast, so am I taking it in a wrong way because of my work schedule? Do I need take it during night? Coz I think this vitamin is like a stimulant. Hehe. So it would be easy for me to fall asleep in the morning.Thank you!

64. Comment by string — 1/6/2010 @ 10:16 pm

anyway I’m 24 y.o

65. Comment by michelle — 2/21/2010 @ 12:26 am

yeah, so do i I’m 24. I have always wanted to grow taller. I’ve heard boys can grow taller until 25, how bout the girls kaya?

66. Comment by KENETH — 3/3/2010 @ 11:44 am

ilang capsule po ba dapat inumin sa 1 araw??im 16

67. Comment by ULO — 3/23/2010 @ 8:59 pm

Im 19 Yrs old na, pero 5′4′’ lang ako. tatangkad pa ba ako pag mgttake ako ng cherifer capsule 10-22? at ilang months or weeks dapat magtake pra magkaroon ng partial results.? PLZ REPLY NAMAN KAU PLSS>> TNX PO AND GOD BLESS> SANA TUMANGKAD PA TAYO MGA NAGDEDESIRE TUMANGKAD.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Journal of a Hoopaddict | Modified neuro | Mecha Anime Blog | Davao Buy & Sell | Davao Directory